An Update On The Huron Street Kittens & A Contest
Filed under: 11222, Crazy Cat Lady, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic
Although I have amended my earlier post regarding the four kittens that were found dumped like so much trash in front of a parking lot on Huron Street this morning I am going to write this follow-up post— and ask for your help.
First off, here’s a general run-down of what happened:
- I am emailed by a reader that four kittens were abandoned at Huron Street.
- I called PJ of Empty Cages Collective to give him a heads-up and head over to the scene.
- Upon finding no kittens I swung by Dog Habitat and told Jay what’s up. He told me he had received a call from someone who had found and taken home kittens from Huron Street. He referred her to Empty Cages Collective.
- I call PJ back and, lo, this woman had in fact contacted him. He followed up.
- A good friend of mine, Lisa, has taken these kittens under her care. Alas, one of them did not make it but the other three are doing alright (all things considered).
- A particularly disturbing thing she told me is these kittens were not from the same litter: two were one week old, two were four weeks old. This begs the question as to what happened to their litter mates. I imagine they were not so “lucky”.
In other words I had very little to do with these kittens being rescued— but I want to help them and I imagine a number of you do too. Here’s how:
- Lisa has made me aware that she is in need of a number of items on her Amazon Wish List. Foremost among them KMR (kitty formula). You can view and make donations to her wish list by clicking here.
- Secondly, those of you who prefer to make monetary donations (for veterinarian care, etc.) can do so via PayPal at: lisavallez (at) gmail (dot) com
Lastly I have spoken to Lisa and we agreed to let my readers (YOU) name these cuties. Without further ado here they are (again):
A one week old tiger boy.
A four week old tortie tigress.
And her four week old cream-colored brother.
You can tender your submissions via comments or email at: missheather (at) thatgreenpointblog (dot) com. I’ll set the deadline at midnight Monday, April 19, 2010. Judges and prizes have yet to be determined. Good luck and I look forward to your submissions!