Culture on the Cheap
New York Shitty Slide Show Du Jour: District Dog Halloween Parade & Costume Contest
Filed under: 11222, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic
As promised I have assembled a slide show of yesterday’s festivities for your viewing pleasure. Before I proceed, however, I would like to tender a few thoughts/props.
1. I confided to my fellow judge, Assemblyman Joe Lentol, that I felt the air conditioning unit entry should be given an honorable mention because “I cannot imagine why someone would dress up their dog as one.” To wit he replied:
Maybe it is in heat?
I can honestly say I never thought of that.
2. Two three legged dogs were contestants in this year’s contest. One placed and one received an honorable mention.
3. I really, REALLY liked this entry but was overruled. So it goes.
4. I have no idea why this duo, a janitor and his “mop”, didn’t enter. I loved it!
5. This gaggle of garden gnomes gets points for concept but I found the execution lacking. Maybe they’ll take another stab at this next year? I can only hope so.
6. Arguably the most difficult decision was Second Place for best “Group”. It basically came down to this entry, which is absolutely adorable, and the G, L and Z trains. The judges’ collective disgust with the MTA prevailed.
And on that note and without further ado here is the slide show. Enjoy!
As always you can view these images in larger format by clicking here.