Taken January 7, 2011.
Tags: 11222, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, West Street
Here’s a fun Quiz! You know you’re a Greenpoint hipster when:
1) You only eat $8 “artisan” ice cream. Artisan? Is it made by Michelangelo out of marble or something?
2) You only frequent establishments christened “cool” by snotty online reviews.
3) You try to pay for a donut at the Peter Pan bakery using a debit card.
4) You carry a dog smaller than a hamster.
5) You are only 23 but somehow able to instantly open a bookstore, tattoo parlor or some other business when millions of people are out of work. Good thing Daddy was short all those poor peoples’ mortgages!
@Onray: Very few things make me more crazy than standing behind someone purchasing, maybe, $5.00 worth of goods with a debit/credit card. I’m with you on that one.
Unrelated: How’s the situation on Leonard Street nowadays?
I’ve paid for small price items with a debit card but only when I forgot to go get cash beforehand. It rarely happens but it’s happened. I also have a budgeting app that tracks all my debit card purchases and automatically categorizes them but even so I usually only use it for purchases over $15.
And I <3 West Street, nice shot.
Tell me what you're thinking... and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!
You must be logged in to post a comment.