TOMORROW: Year One
Filed under: 11222, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic
This item was brought to my attention by Freddy Varela of Cafecito Bogota. Tomorrow, September 23rd, starting at starting at 6:00 p.m. Fowler Arts Collective will be celebrating their first birthday with a fun(d)raiser! Here’s the 411 per their web site:
Group Exhibition of Fowler Studio Artists + 1st Anniversary Blow-Out + Fun(d)raiser
Fowler Arts Collective presents YEAR ONE, a group exhibition of Fowler’s resident studio artists. This exhibition marks our one year anniversary, and we wanted to take the time to celebrate the amazing year of growth Fowler has experienced thanks in large part to the artists working in our studios. We simply would not exist without this group of talented, kind, and kick-ass artists. 22 artists have filled the gallery with work of all mediums including photography, painting, drawing, sculpture, and illustration.
EXHIBITING ARTISTS: Elana Adler, Joffrey Alexander, Julianne Barrett, Melissa Bartlett, C.M. Butzer, Scott Chasse, Ben Clarke, Lucy Cottrell, Heidi Howard, Mina Karimi, Deanna Lee, Michael Lee, Chris Mottalini, Kate Nielsen, Lia Post, Linda Saffioti, Tory Sica, Kim Sielbeck, Hannah Simmons, Keat Teoh, Ramon Urenia, James Vanderberg, and Fletcher Williams.
The event on Friday, Sept. 23rd, will also be a fundraiser (in addition to our campaign on IndieGoGo.com) to benefit Fowler and its hard-working group of artists. At the end of the evening, we will hold a raffle of prizes donated by amazing local businesses. Below, check out the awesome Greenpoint restaurants and businesses that have donated prizes! Raffle tickets are only $10 and will be available to buy in the gallery. As an extra perk, anyone who donates to our IndieGoGo campaign before the event and attends on Sept. 23rd, will receive a free raffle ticket! NOTE: entry is FREE – no raffle ticket purchases required! All proceeds from artwork and drink sales will go towards fixing our heating system before the cold, snowy winter arrives.
Our funding campaign through IndieGoGo.com has only 30 days left, and we really need your help. We hope this event will help us raise awareness about our campaign so that we can reach our funding goal before the Oct. 10th deadline. Check out our campaign to learn more about Fowler and why we are seeking to raise money at this time, and please donate today. As an extra perk for donating before our event, you will receive a free raffle ticket! We are raising money to support the upcoming year’s gallery program at Fowler with a dedicated budget, to facilitate some basic fixes for our very raw space, and to help ensure that the studios at Fowler can remain as affordable as possible. Check out our project here: http://www.indiegogo.com/Fowler-Arts-Collective.
Here’s a list of raffle prizes for your information/edification:
- 5 Leaves ($100 gift certificate!! Bar+Oysters)
- From The Source (beautiful honey bowl)
- Brooklyn Bowl (2 tickets to a concert= rock n’ roll)
- Cafecito Bogota (dinner for two – gracias!)
- Brooklyn Brewery (10 beer tokens! score)
- The Diamond Bar ($40 certificate= beer, pickles)
- Fowler Arts Collective (T-shirt+Tote+Mug)
- Good Yoga (free week of yoga classes – ommm)
- Word (books, books, books- yes!)
- Silk Road Cycles (free bicycle tune-up!)
- Dalaga NYC (Dalaga Tote Bag=gorgeous)
- Hosh Yoga (1-month unlimited yoga membership!)
- In God We Trust (sweet nothing necklace– sweet!)
- Julia James Boutique ($50 certificate = fabulosity)
- Le Gamin ($25 certificate- crepes, wine, lattes)
- Milk and Roses (bottle of Prosecco- cheers!)
- Paulie Gee’s ($50 certificate- piiizzzzzaaaaa)
- Sea Bean Goods (two-week yummy soup sampler)
- Urban Rustic ($25 certificate+beer+coffee tokens!)
September 23, 2011 starting at 6:00 p.m.
Fowler Arts Collective
76 West Street
Brooklyn, New York 11222