Culture on the Cheap
Casa Mon Amour Goes Gallic!
Yesterday as I was running errands I noticed Casa Mon Amour was open. Well, their business was not open but their front door was so I popped in to see what’s up. What I found was Beatrice reviewing the new menu with her staff before her “grand re-opening” this week. I got a sneak peek and I have to say it looks pretty good; those of you who are vegetarians (as I am) can anticipate a wider selection of entrees. I have been promised that Tomatoes Provencal will be in the offering. (If you have not had this dish, try it. It is wonderful!) Who will be preparing these gustatory delights you ask? A chef from none other than La Ripaille: a very nice French Provincial Restaurant in the West Village.
Casa Mon Amour French Bistro
162 Franklin Street
Brooklyn, New York 11222
The “new and improved” Casa Mon Amour should be up and running in earnest tomorrow, September 3rd. Check it out!
UPDATE 9/3/08: Here’s a working menu!
- Soup Du Jour
- Goat cheese with baby leaves salad
- Camembert a la Lyonnaise, a breaded camembert served on a bed of greens
- Medley of sauteed mushrooms
- Shell steak au naturel with a choice of Peppercorn or blue cheese sauce
- Lamb chops grilled with Rosemary
- Chicken breast wrapped in bacon and cooked in a brown sauce with herbs of Provence
- Tilapia in a lemon butter with a touch of cream
- Large shrimps sauteed in parsely and garlic butter
- Fresh Vegetable
- Gratin Dauphinois
- French Fries
- Tarte Tatin
- Mousse au chocolat
- Creme Brulee
- Gateau Mon Amour ( our signature cheesecake)
- Cheese and charcuterie platter….