New York Shitty Day Ender: Live From The 94th Precinct Community Council Meeting
Filed under: 11211, 11222, Criminal Activity, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic, Williamsburg, Williamsburg Brooklyn
(Or: Welcome to the 94th, Commanding Officer Ryan!)
Given all the recent hoopla regarding the respite shelter at the Greenpoint Reformed Church* and a murder at Cooper Parks Houses, tonight’s meeting was, well, quite calm. Nonetheless we got to meet our new commanding officer and he got to meet us. More specifically: he got to meet a stalwart attendee of these convocations. I write of no one other than Phyllis. So help me, but I suspect she likes him— but you can draw your own conclusions, gentle readers. Without further ado, here we go!
- He likes Greenooint and North Williamsburg. Love it!
- Some more information about the stabbing/homicide at the Cooper Park Houses.
- Phyllis speaks!
- Rolfe Carle inquires about a woman who was hit by a car on Milton Street (skip to 1:48) January 24th. C.O. Ryan, promised to follow up on this
- A citizen complains about graffiti.
Otherwise, here’s some (more) news you can use:
2. The alternate side parking “suspension” calendar for (the rest of 2013).
And that’s all she wrote!
*Which will be relocated to the Church of the Ascension’s Hall on Java Street. This is where tonight’s meeting came to pass. Follows is an announcement from the Church of the Ascension’s website:
For those of you who are not in the know, this was the original location for this facility. Reverend Merz is a very caring, sensitive fellow and I have no doubt he will run it well. Regardless of the “controversy” surrounding this issue (and believe you me, there was a lot), I am simply happy to know ten of our “local” homeless will be provided a safe, warm place to sleep. They are our neighbors.