Culture on the Cheap
From The New York Shitty Inbox, Part II: Join Us!
Filed under: 11211, 11222, Bed-Stuy, Bed-Stuy Brooklyn, Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn Heights Brooklyn, DUMBO, DUMBO Brooklyn, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic, Williamsburg, Williamsburg Brooklyn
Earlier today I noted the meeting regarding crime scheduled for this evening has been cancelled —and a public forum regarding crime has been organized by our city Councilman, Steve Levin, is scheduled for August 27th. Well, it has been brought to my attention the previous evening, August 26th, there will be a sunset “meet and greet” at 475 Kent Avenue, replete with cocktails, on the rooftop!
A few thoughts/observations:
- This email blast (which was in turn forwarded to yours truly) was sent to someone who is not a resident of 475 Kent Avenue.
- However he/she has attended Loft Law workshops publicized by NAG (Neighbors Allied For Good Growth).
- NAG is a recipient of city funding for activities like Williamsburg Walks.
- The tenant organizer for NAG also happens to be a member of Community Board 1— and she was appointed by Councilman Levin.
- The NYC Loft Tenant Group is a city-wide group. Are they conducting “meet and greets” for all city councilmembers up for reelection this year— or only Steve Levin?