Culture on the Cheap
Quicklink: Live From The Department Of City Planning
Filed under: 11222, Gentrification, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic
Those of you who missed last week’s hearing at the Department of City Planning regarding Greenpoint Landing and 77 Commercial Street, do not despair. It’s online! Point and click your way here. And download this:
Start at 6:08. Here’s a general outline:
- Jack Hammer of HPD outlines the affordable housing component. A Q & A session follows.
- Melanie Myers, representing Greenpoint Landing Associates, speaks.
- Lisa Gomez, a partner in this endeavor, speaks.
- 34:59: Speakers against speak. I found Laura Hofmann’s and the most awesome speaker ever, Nancy, to be especially compelling. They speak sequentially starting at 1:02.06 .
- Speakers in favor speak start at 1:11:43. Of particular interest to yours truly was the testimony of Adam Perlmutter. He was, after all, the attorney George Klein/The Park Tower Group hired to push for the 2005 Rezone in the first place. I wonder if he’s back on the “payroll”— so to speak?