From The New York Shitty Inbox: PS 84 Gala & Silent Auction
A lady named Deborah writes:
Hi Heather! Longtime reader here–I think I’ve written to you before. Today I’m reaching out to ask if you’d help promote a fundraiser we (the PTA) are holding for my son’s school, PS 84 at Grand & Berry. It’s a school in transition, thanks to a new principal who’s done some amazing things in the 2 years she’s been there. 84 is a magnet school for the arts & sciences, but the grant that initially funded the magnet program has run out. We’ve got rooms full of musical instruments, but no money for qualified teachers! This year the PTA decided to do something about it–we’re holding a pretty spectacular fundraiser on Saturday night, May 5, to raise money to bring in Marquis Studios, a group that provides in-school arts education. The adults-only party we’re throwing features food, drink, and live music, plus a silent auction. And the items up for grabs are so great even folks who couldn’t care less about kids will be coming. Details:Give a Little, Get a Lot at the PS 84 Gala & Silent Auction Fundraiser
…Located in the heart of Williamsburg, PS 84, the Jose de Diego Magnet School for the Visual Arts & Sciences, is holding its first-ever gala fundraiser for a much-needed music program.
Join us for an unforgettable night celebrating PS 84’s unique combination of old Williamsburg and new. Eat, drink, dance to live music, and bid on more than 100 incredible items, including:
- Artwork and prints worth thousands of dollars, by renowned contemporary artists and photographers including Erik Parker, Ivan Navarro, and Sheila Metzner
- Once-in-a-lifetime events like tickets to see Q-Tip or Melanie Fiona at the exclusive Soho House
- Fabulous fashions, including pieces from Marc Jacobs and Rebecca Minkoff
- Dinners at Williamsburg hotspots like Isa, Morgane, and the Roebling Tea Room
- Luxurious rooms at hot hotels like the Williamsburg and the Wythe
- Kids’ stuff like clothes, toys, and a birthday party with private screening of “Madagascar 3” at Soho House
- Customizable classes on everything from welding to wine tasting to cooking
- Personal services like massages, salon treatments, even psychic readings and tattoo
- Outrageous goodies like a bottle of 1991 Chateau Lafitte Rothschild
- Plus bargains galore on books, home & garden supplies, Momofuku treats, even heritage pork
- There are items available in all price ranges—who knows what you might take home!
Bring your wallet, your appetite & your dancing shoes, and have a blast while helping a school full of amazing kids.
PS 84 Gala & Silent Auction
Saturday, May 5, 6:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Price of Admission: $25.00 per person (Tickets can be purchased by clicking here.)
338 Wythe Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11211
NOTE: this is an adults only event!