Culture on the Cheap
New York Shitty Day Starter: Whoops
Filed under: 11211, Bloomblight, Williamsburg, Williamsburg Brooklyn
I was unable to ascertain the address of this lot. But given it is located at the corner of North 12 Street and Driggs Avenue it was easy enough to ascertain given the landmark in the background.
It is 210 North 12 Street.
The ostensible owner has defaulted on one fine.
But that did not stop the Department of Buildings from partially lifting said Stop Work Order for reasons only Kafka— or Orwell— would truly appreciate. E.g.;
- There are not permits to drive piles.
- Thus, these really big pieces of wood simply planted themselves there.
- Repeat: there are not permits to drive piles.
- Especially after they have been driven.
- These piles do not exist because the proper permit was not made to place them.
Did I mention this was a HAZMAT site? It is. Regardless, the walk to church will be more provocative than usual today for those who tread North 12 Street.