REMINDER: The Big BK Toy Drive
Filed under: 11211, 11222, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic, Williamsburg, Williamsburg Brooklyn
I have been woefully remiss in relaying all the wonderful developments with this endeavor. I will attempt to make up for this here and now! Tomorrow night at Greenpoint’s very own Red Star Bar the Big BK Toy drive will be having a party to collect toys for our littlest neighbors who could use some holiday cheer this season. Here’s the run-down:
- This party will come to pass tomorrow, December 4, 2012 from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Cover charge: $20.00 or a toy valued at $20.00.
- What you get: open bar and finger food buffet and the satisfaction knowing you have put a smile on the face of child who, courtesy of Sandy, could really use it!
- The opportunity to win a number of wonderful prizes including (but not limited to): a $75.00 gift certificate at Calyer, t-shirts from the inimitable Miss Wit (thanks Deborah so much!), haircut and Pureology hair care gift box courtesy of Mousey Brown Salon; gift certificates from Dandelion Wine and Eastern District respectively, a free private midnight movie screening for two thanks to Nitehawk Cinema; a bottle of Jameson and a bottle of Absolut thanks to the fine folks at t.b.d. and last— but hardly least— a vacation voucher for a 3 night cruise (airfare included) with your choice of destinations including Mexico, Bahamas and several Caribbean locations thanks to an anonymous donor! Like I said: this is hardly an inclusive list. You can see more at the Big Bk Toy Drive’s Facebook page.
What if I cannot attend tomorrow’s event?
You ask? NO PROBLEM! There are a number of toy drop-off locations where you can make a donation (which are being accepted through December 16th!). Follows are a few:
- Any East River Ferry
- The Corner Barber 144 Bedford Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11211
- St. Nick’s Alliance: 11 Catherine Street Brooklyn, New York 11211
- The Grand Street Business Improvement District (whose head honcha, Artineh Havan, has not only been wonderful in terms of getting the word out, but has something very special lined up this holiday season— more about that in another post!): 246 Graham Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11206
- Crest Hardware (thanks Joe and Franklin!): 558 Metropolitan Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11211
- The Greenpoint Veterinary Hospital (Who, I would like to also note, is donating toys. Thanks guys and gals!): 111 Nassau Avenue, Brooklyn New York 11222
- FDNY Engine 238 Ladder 108: 205 Greenpoint Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11222
- Red Star Bar (of course!) 37 Greenpoint Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11222
- Dandelion Wine: 153 Franklin Street Brooklyn, New York 11222
- Cafecito Bogota: 1013 Manhattan Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11222
- t.b.d.: 224 Franklin Street Brooklyn, New York 11222
- Eastern District: 1053 Manhattan Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11222
- Milk & Roses: 1110 Manhattan Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11222
In closing (and I am certain I am overlooking quite a few folks) I’d like to thank Word Books for donating books to the Toy Drive. This having been written, do make it a point to attend tomorrow night’s party— and help spread the word!