Culture on the Cheap
From The New York Shitty Inbox, Part III: E-Waste Recycling (& Raffle)
Filed under: 11211, 11222, East Williamsburg, East Williamsburg Brooklyn, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic, Williamsburg, Williamsburg Brooklyn
This comes courtesy of Artineh Havan, who heads the Grand Street Business Improvement District. She writes:
Dear Miss Heather,
I hope that you are well. We would greatly appreciate it if you could include a public service announcement about our electronics recycling event (in partnership with the Lower East Side Ecology Center) on Grand Street between Graham Avenue and Humboldt Street this Saturday, April 5th from 10 am to 4 pm, rain or shine.
As you know, if put in the trash, these items end up in landfills, leaching toxins into our ground water.
A list of acceptable working and nonworking electronics is below or here:
• Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
• Printers, scanners, fax-machines, copiers
• Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
• Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, cords, chargers, etc.)
• Tablets and E-readers
• Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies, etc.)
• TVs, VCRs, DVRs, & DVD Players
• Digital Converter Boxes, Cable/Satellite Receivers
• Portable music players
• Audio-visual equipment
• Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
• Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
In addition, participants can be entered into a raffle to win a MacBook Air courtesy of TekServe.
Thank you so much in advance for your help.