From The New York Shitty Inbox: 155 Calyer Gets SWO’ed

January 4, 2010 by
Filed under: 11222, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic 


As some of you might remember last year I wrote about the immaculate demolition of 155 Calyer Street. A landmarked property. Well, I have been advised via comments and email the perpetrators, 155 Calyer LLC,  have been served.

new writes on 12/31/09:

DOB dropped by this afternoon and posted a love note in the window..

C writes on 1/4/10:

155 calyer got a stop work order

Sure enough, per the Department of Building’s web site 155 Calyer has been served.


Note how the interior demolition is “80% complete”. I wonder what tipped them off?


Perhaps it was this hugeass dumpster out front?


Note how it is placed in a “No Parking” zone. It should also be noted this photograph was taken today, January 4, 2010: a Monday.

If you’re going to break one law, why not break a few more? You’ll get a slap on the proverbial (READ: financial) wrist. That’s the north Brooklyn way!

Miss Heather


4 Comments on From The New York Shitty Inbox: 155 Calyer Gets SWO’ed

  1. Citizen Skein on Mon, 4th Jan 2010 8:08 pm
  2. The reason they estimate completion is to aid in assessing a civil penalty. When they file to legalize and get the swo lifted they will have to pay 14 times the DOB fees on 80 percent of the work. The remaining 20% is will just be the normal DOB fee of 1% of the estimated cost.

  3. missheather on Mon, 4th Jan 2010 8:10 pm
  4. Thanks Citizen Skein for the clarification!

  5. d on Tue, 5th Jan 2010 7:50 am
  6. I still wonder what the heck they are trying to put there.

  7. Diamond Joe on Tue, 5th Jan 2010 10:20 am
  8. “And we would have gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for you meddling kids.” Something very Scooby-Doo about this. I hope your investigation tipped off DOB. If so, congrats – good work

Tell me what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

  • NYS Flickr Pool

    This ButtonSmiler20230130_183018Moving BoxesRainy Day Outside MallFrozen FountainMidnight CinemaBurnt Pizza
  • Ads