Taken by Michael.
Filed under: 11222, Dung of the Day, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic, Urban Artifact
Today yours truly opted to enjoy a little sunshine and take a stroll along Manhattan Avenue. In so doing I held a great number of interesting things. Among them:
- a few individuals who could best be described as extras attending a casting call for the Zoolander sequel. Mind you, it was not their presence which drew my attention. I am not so naive as to think I do not have such folks as my neighbors in this, the “new” Greenpoint. I know. They do not bother me. The more and different the merrier! Rather, it was the fact they were out and about (READ: out of bed) at 1:00 p.m.
- a tableau which defied easy taxonomical categorization. On Calyer Street I beheld a tetrad of things which I hold near and dear. These being:
- An urban artifact along with…
- a melange of merde…
- in a public pay phone which, in addition to the previous, proffered
- pro-bono services of a highly specialized nature.
For the above-listed reasons I decided to classify this post as Greenpoint Photos Du Jour. Now that we have gotten that out of the way…
let’s take the above morsels of Greenpoint glory in numeric order, shall we?
One container of Organic Girl Spring Mix…
with vodka vinaigrette.
The aftermath of severe gastric distress. (Perhaps due to the consumption of item #1?).
Not one, not two, but three solicitations for not simply free sex but free Garden State sex! As you can see, gentle readers, I have blurred out the telephone number. I did so because I suspect its owner has been— how shall we say— “volunteered” for this endeavor. In closing, it should be noted I did research the telephone number in question. I regret to inform everyone it does not hail from Secaucus. But hey, when it’s free sex in the offing one cannot/should not be too choosy. Thank you, the public pay phone kiosks of Calyer for keeping things real— or at least really interesting— hereabouts.
Happy Sunday, Garden Spotters!
Taken by Robert S.
This has to be one of the most terrifying Santas I have ever seen. You gotta wonder what is in that sack of his…
(Taken by Robert S.)
Filed under: 11206, East Williamsburg, East Williamsburg Brooklyn, The Word On The Street, Urban Artifact
What makes this assemblage a cut-above is the presence of a “Thank You, Have A Nice Day” bag…
(Taken November 7, 2014.)
Filed under: 11206, 11211, East Williamsburg, East Williamsburg Brooklyn, Street Justice, The Word On The Street, Williamsburg, Williamsburg Brooklyn
Taken November 7, 2014.
Taken by Reuben Radding.
Filed under: 11211, 11222, 11249, BULLSHIT, East Williamsburg, East Williamsburg Brooklyn, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic, Williamsburg, Williamsburg Brooklyn
That’s right folks! tomorrow is “NAG’s” (“Neighbors Allied for Good Growth”, formerly known as “Neighbors Allied Against Garbage”) 20th Anniversary gala! As you can clearly read the subject line of the above email inquires:
…will you support our neighborhood…?
Yes, I will… by not attending this event and pointing out the following:
- I find it interesting that the vast majority of points under “What Does NAG Do?” have, in fact, been done.
- This would suggest to me that NAG doesn’t really have a clear mission nowadays. They should.
- And of course I would be remiss if I did not point out that it strikes me as being a mite bit inconsistent for an organization which lauds itself for closing down an illegal waste handling station on Williamsburg’s waterfront to honor folks who were busted— last year— for operating an illegal waste trade business in Greenpoint.
But perhaps I am being nit-picky? Sort of makes one wonder what, if any, donations have been tendered to “NAG” from the Argentos lately. Anyone?
UPDATE, 7:17 p.m.: Now I have received this!
Note how “NAG” has seen fit to excise the photo featured in their precious email. Perhaps it is because some of the people depicted therein objected? In any case, I think I’ll save the $50.00 I do not have to buy beer and/or more snow globe supplies…
Filed under: 11222, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic, The Word On The Street
Taken November 5, 2014.
Filed under: 11222, GENIUS, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Brooklyn, Greenpoint Magic, Stuff That Makes Miss Heather Happy
Those of you who need a pick-me-up on this dreary post-election day would be well served to swing by 133 Noble Street.
There a multi-holiday/multi-species extravaganza awaits!